Today we are joined by Adam Halseth. Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, Adam is a physical therapist and Board-Certified Sports Clinical Specialist. In his work he, aims to help rotational athletes play pain-free by tailoring treatment plans to the individual. Adam discusses what makes him angry about the world of hands-on care, the importance of knowing your end goal, and the problems of over and under prescribing exercise.
“If you are a healthcare provider and you can make someone better, it doesn’t matter how you do it. You can be a chiro, you can be a PT, bottom line is if you make somebody better, I’m going to refer people to you.” – Adam Halseth
Hey, Check this out...
I got a free bonus for you!
I want to give you a free chapter of my Clinic Gym Hybrid Secrets book. This book is all about growing your chiropractic clinic in all fronts. There are tons of lists, guides, and incredible tried-and-true solutions.
Topics covered include:
- Differences and commonalities between chiro and physical therapy.
- What annoys Adam about the world of hands-on care.
- Accepting there is more than one way to treat someone.
- Addressing surgeon concerns and building trust.
- The importance of knowing your client’s desired goal.
- Movement-based treatment.
- The detriment of using cookie cutter treatments.
- The lack of regressions and progressions in treatment plans.
- Overcoming fear of progression.
- The importance of regular reassessment and plan adjustment.
- Communicating and showing the treatment value to your clients.
- The pervasive problem of over-using modalities.
- Creating the placebo effect, what causes it, and why it’s a problem.
- The trend of over-prescribing exercise.
- The importance of knowing the purpose of prescribed exercises for you and your client.
- What equipment Adam would stock his clinic with if he could only have 5 pieces.
Find out more about Clinic Gym Connect: https://www.clinicgymconnect.com