Today we are joined by Jon DeMoss, owner of Synergy Wellness and Performance Gym in Dallas, Texas. Jon has a B.S. in kinesiology and 12 years experience as a strength and conditioning coach. He has a love of learning, which led to an interest in breath work. Jon is here to discuss breath work, how being mindful of your breath can boost performance and cut recovery time, and engaging clients in their own performance success.
“It really didn’t matter at the end of the day what that bench press number was, how many dead lift reps they got… What mattered was their performance on the field.” – Jon DeMoss
Topics covered include:
- Jon’s background in the field of strength conditioning.
- How Jon learned about breath work.
- The benefits of understanding your breath for physical activity.
- Making stress on the body more manageable.
- How posture can affect your efficiency and fatigue levels.
- Understanding energy transfer and exchange.
- Learning not to push capacity for the sake of it.
- Overcoming the stigma of breath work.
- Proving the benefits of breath work to athletes.
- Cutting recovery time through correct breathing.
- The biggest additional benefit Jon saw through employing breath work.
- Changing the “always on” mentality that is prevalent in athletes.
- Balancing what clients need and what they want.
- Engaging clients in their own performance boost.
- The age group that can benefit most from breath work.
- The 6 pillars of a balanced training program.
Synergy Wellness and Performance Gym: https://www.synergyathletic.com/
Synergy Wellness and Performance Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/synergywp/
Connect with Jon: email@example.com
Find out more about Clinic Gym Connect: https://www.clinicgymconnect.com