On today’s episode we are joined by Meghan Helwig, a Physical Therapist in Southern California at Primal Strength Physical Therapy. Meghan is also an athlete with a competitive mindset who travels to teach Functional Movement Taping as well as Cupping and Flossing Seminars for Rocktape.
“Fear alone changes our movement patterns. Anytime they get anxious thinking about a movement, they probably just changed their subconscious breathing pattern which destabilizes their core, and then they may overuse their low back when they lift, and it turns into a vicious cycle.” – Meghan Helwig
Hey, Check this out...
I got a free bonus for you!
I want to give you a free chapter of my Clinic Gym Hybrid Secrets book. This book is all about growing your chiropractic clinic in all fronts. There are tons of lists, guides, and incredible tried-and-true solutions.
Topics Covered Include
- Meghan’s background in sports at an early age
- What led Meghan to be interested in physical therapy
- Why she decided to move to Southern California
- How she came to open her office in a Crossfit gym
- What motivated Meghan to pursue functional strength gains
- The two things that have changed the most that helped her increase strength
- The benefits you can expect from focusing on increasing strength
- How mindset became a dedicated part of Meghan’s practice
- The benefit of tapping into a client’s personality
- Why Meghan feels it’s important to spend more time with clients than is the norm
- Why it’s important to empower your patient and increase their confidence
- When Meghan decided to start competing in Crossfit
- Why you should step away and reset when having a negative thought
- Meghan’s experience in male dominated spaces like golf and crossfit
- Where the name Primal Strength Physical Therapy came from
Meghan’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/primalstrengthdoc/
Primal Strength Website: http://www.primalstrengthpt.com/
Clinic Gym Connect – www.clinicgymconnect.com