Dr. Lisa Lewis is our guest in this episode. She is a licensed psychologist and certified addictions counselor who strives to help her clients pursue their ambitions. Lisa is also a part-time faculty member at Northeastern University where she teaches classes including developmental psychology and abnormal psychology. We’re going to hear about how her work relates to rehab, building rapport and boundaries with clients, and the importance of language and phrasing.
“You are in charge of the relationship. As the professionals, as people helpers, this relationship is one-directional. It’s about the client.” – Dr. Lisa Lewis
Hey, Check this out...
I got a free bonus for you!
I want to give you a free chapter of my Clinic Gym Hybrid Secrets book. This book is all about growing your chiropractic clinic in all fronts. There are tons of lists, guides, and incredible tried-and-true solutions.
Topics covered include:
- Lisa’s background in psychology and counselling.
- How Lisa works to help people enhance their lives.
- The advantages of working with a broad range of people.
- How patient/client communication affects your success rates as a practitioner.
- Establishing and maintaining rapport.
- The pitfalls of online coaching.
- Balancing rapport and service delivery.
- Creating boundaries.
- Taking a client-centered approach to interactions.
- Encouraging transparency between parties to share responsibility for time boundaries.
- Listening to learn: Knowing when to be quiet and let your patient talk.
- Understanding the language and phrasing to employ for different patients.
- Developing plans that reflect what your patient is telling you.
- Motivational interviewing: What it is and how to use it.
- Creating a caring environment in a caring profession.
- Taking care of yourself to take care of your patients.
- The importance of being present.
Dr. Lewis Consulting: https://drlewisconsulting.com/
Dr. Lewis on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drlewisconsulting/?hl=en
Find out more about Clinic Gym Connect: https://www.clinicgymconnect.com