Today we are joined by Dr. Allison Cain. Based out of Georgina, Ontario, Allison is co-owner of Anchor Health and Fitness. Allison has developed post-natal care methods for new mothers struggling with the changes to their body and their road back to fitness after giving birth. Allison joins us today to discuss the advantages of working in fitness while studying chiropractic medicine, the unique health issues faced by post-natal patients, and the symbiotic relationship you can foster between your clinic and gym.
“It is life changing for people when they realize that there is so much that they can do to be empowered now to ward of all the things they think are inevitable in the future.” – Allison Cain
Hey, Check this out...
I got a free bonus for you!
I want to give you a free chapter of my Clinic Gym Hybrid Secrets book. This book is all about growing your chiropractic clinic in all fronts. There are tons of lists, guides, and incredible tried-and-true solutions.
Topics covered include:
- How Allison’s experience owning a gym while in chiropractic school benefitted her in the long-term.
- The importance of having a team that you trust for when you aren’t there.
- Fostering strong communication with patients to create the most impact.
- How observing patients in the gym benefited their chiropractic treatment.
- Understanding the spectrum of individualization for treatments.
- How Allison developed her clinic.
- The structure of chiropractic schooling in Canada.
- How Allison realized she could serve the underserved people in her community.
- The difference between healthcare and ‘sick care’.
- What led Allison to specializing in post-natal care.
- Dealing with embarrassing issues head on.
- The benefits of group rehab programs.
- Identifying problems in the pelvic floor.
- Recognizing other physical issues that can stem from pelvic floor dysfunction.
- How to translate expertise to memberships.
- How the gym has helped grow her practice.
Anchor Health and Fitness Center: https://www.anchorhere.ca
Grow Co Rehab: http://growcorehab.com
Grow Co Rehab on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/growco.rehab/?hl=en
Find out more about the SFMA: https://www.functionalmovement.com